Dublin trip H3a
Blast of a time!
From 27 – 31 May, 24 students and 2 teachers from the bilingual department of The Philips van Horne went to Dublin for a study trip.
Both students and teachers were hosted in Irish families. The students were supposed to visit 2 schools but unfortunately they canceled. Instead the students went to an island close to Howth.
Furthermore, the program contained the following:
- Visit to St. Patricks Cathedral
- Movie at Odeon Coolock Cinema: Avenger: Infinity War
- Visit to Howth, a peninsula a the coast of Ireland.
- Visit to National Archeology Museum and National History Museum
- GAA Experience: workshops in Gaelic sports like hurling (kind of hockey with a bat), handball (squash without a racket) and football (combination of football/soccer/handball).
- visit the GAA stadium and a guide showed us the dressing rooms etc.
- Traditional Ceili evening, where all students took part and the teachers in Irish dancing
- visit the Ireland’s eye were we made pictures of an old church and watchtower
- we made multiple hikes at the beach in the evening
It was a wonderful week with lots of sun. Both students and teachers have learned a lot about the Irish culture and their habits.
Thank you mister Giessen and miss L’Ortye!
See our pictures here