Dublin trip Het College
Furthermore, the programm contained the following:
- Guided city tour visiting all the highlights of Dublin, starting with Trinity College.
- Visit to St. Patricks Cathedral
- Movie at Odeon Coolock Cinema: Michael Inside
- Visit to Lusk Community College, were students had an interesting speech from a proffesional soccer player Amber Barrett (who plays in the national team) about giving importance and respect to everything you do in live. After this speech, students had a competitive challenge with the Irish students in language, geography, maths and sports.
- Visit to Howth, a peninsula a the coast of Ireland.
- Visit to National Archeology Museum and National History Museum
- GAA Experience: workshops in Gaelic sports like hurling (kind of hockey with a bat), handball (squash without a racket) and football (combination of football/soccer/handball).
- Traditional Ceili evening, where all students took part in Irish dancing
- Visit to General Post Office, a guided tour through the museum about the Easter Rising in 1916 in Dublin.
It was a wonderful week. Both students and teachers have learned a lot about the Irish culture and their habits.
Pictures can be found in the gallery.